mcbw talk & connect
Munich Urban Colab, Freddie-Mercury-Straße 5, 80797 Munich
16:00 – 21:30
At mcbw talk&connect 2023, we will be looking together for answers to the question Why disruption unleashes creativity. What happens after a disruption, how do we humans deal with drastic changes and how does something new emerge from the past and current upheavals in our society — what role does design play here?
For the first time, a personality actively represents the annual motto of the Design Week and sets thought-provoking impulses. The role of “Creative Explorer” 2023 will be assumed by Leyla Acaroglu, an internationally recognized expert in the field of disruptive design methods. She is the author of the handbook Disruptive Design. A Method for Activating Positive Social Change by Design, TED speaker and founder of the UnSchool of Disruptive Design. Leyla Acaroglu thus uniquely embodies this year’s mcbw motto.
We would like to start the afternoon with statements on the annual theme from the mcbw advisory board, followed by two keynotes by Sep Verboom and Sascha Friesike, before Leyla Acaroglu as Creative Explorer shows us how design drives social, economic and sustainable change for the better.
Following this, we will dive deeper into the mcbw annual theme in a panel discussion with the keynote speakers and Leyla Acaroglu before inviting you to join us and the speakers for a drink, discussion, exchange and networking.
- Dr. Sabine Jarothe (Head of Office, Ministerial Director, Bavarian State Ministry of Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy)
- Katrin Habenschaden (2nd Mayor, City of Munich)
- Nadine Vicentini (Managing Director, bayern design)
- Lisa Braun (Management, munich creative business week)
17:00: Statements of the mcbw advisory board on “Why disruption unleashes creativity”.
- Boris Kochan, President, DeutscherDesignTag (German Design Association)
- Prof. Dr. Angelika Nollert, Director, Die Neue Sammlung — The Design Museum
- Prof. Markus Frenzl, Faculty of Design, Munich University of Applied Sciences
- Dr. Dewi Schönbeck, Vice President Sales DACH, Steelcase GmbH
- Adrian van Hooydonk, Head of BMW Group Design
18:00: Keynote Prof. Dr. Sascha Friesike, Prof. Digital Innovation, UdK Berlin
18:25: Keynote Sep Verboom, Designer & Social Entrepreneur, Founder Liveable.world
18:45: Break with champagne reception & finger food
19:15 h: Keynote Dr. Leyla Acaroglu, CEO & Founder The UnSchool and Disrupt Design
19:50: Panel Talk
- Dr. Leyla Acaroglu
- Sep Verboom
- Prof. Dr. Sascha Friesike
Hosted by Prof. Annette Diefenthaler, Prof. Design & Transdisciplinarity, TUM — Technische Universität München
20:15: Networking with drinks & snacks
The presale starts on February 16.
Early Bird Tickets: 69,- Euro (limited stock)
Regular Tickets: 89,- Euro