Sustainable Packaging at FACHPACK 2021
09:00 – 18:00
With contemporary solutions, the packaging industry makes sustainable lifestyles more accessible to end customers. Design always plays a key role in opening up new fields of activity. Design shapes new trends and arouses interest. At FACHPACK 2021, NürnbergMesse and bayern design will present the special show “Sustainable Packaging” in Hall 7. The curated exhibition shows future-oriented and creative design solutions that are intended to inspire visitors*. The leading themes are:
- Materials and research
- Implementation and prototyping
- Product and market launch
The exhibits on display deliberately focus on three different development stages of sustainable packaging. They illustrate the importance of circular thinking in the development of new materials and products. Design opens up new possibilities that make sustainable packaging attractive and add value to corporate culture and brand image. The innovations on display are a source of inspiration for new trends and impulses in the packaging industry.
FACHPACK visitors will be introduced to innovative ideas and concepts for packaging created by designers from around the world. In addition to exhibits from Germany, products and materials from Denmark, Israel, Mexico, the Netherlands, Poland, and Hong Kong will be on display.
In addition, bayern design has invited experts from the industry to give inspiring short presentations on the topic of “Sustainable Packaging” in the PackBox on September 30, 2021 (1:00 to 2:00 p.m., Hall 7).
- Austeja Platukyte (Creative Researcher & Material Designer, Lithuania): Hybrid materials in design. Collaboration with nature as a creative practice (in English)
- Magdalena Sophie Orland (Textile Designer, Leipzig): Material design as a forward-looking solution for new packaging possibilities (in German)
- Efrat Friedland (Materials Strategist and Founder of materialscout, Munich): How to navigate through the world of sustainable packaging materials (in English)