11 April 2018Messezentrum Nürnberg
09:30 to 15:15
The international congress MedTech Summit will be taking place alongside the MT-Connect trade fair. Since 2008, it has been one of the most important congresses for the healthcare sector in Europe. With scientific and market-oriented presentations, MedTech Summit highlights current technological trends and innovative application scenarios in medical engineering.
The Design & Usability event (2:00 - 3:15 p.m.) will be held in cooperation with bayern design. There will be various lectures dealing with the many challenges that medical equipment must meet in terms of diagnostics, surgery, and therapy – including intuitive operability, maximum product safety and attractive design. Here, you can discover practical tips on how to implement development processes and learn more about successfully implementing projects through best-practice examples.
At a glance: Design & Usability presentations
- 2:00 - 2:25 p.m.: Industrial Design and Medical Technology, presentation in German with simultaneous English interpretation
- Speaker: Prof. Fritz Frenkler, Chair of Industrial Design at Munich Technical University
- 2:25 - 2:50 p.m.: UX in Medical Technology: Process and Potential of User Centered (Medical) Design, presentation in German with simultaneous English interpretation
- Speaker: Dominik Zenth of User Interface Design GmbH
- 2:50 - 3:15 p.m.: Evaluation of Usability Processes Through Inspection Authorities According to IEC EN 60601-1-6, presentation in German with simultaneous English interpretation
- Speaker: Andreas Michel of SGS Germany GmbH