FLUID is an award-winning design and innovation agency in the heart of Munich, Germany with a partner office in Los Angeles, California.
We are a multi-disciplinary team specialized in the intersection of digital and physical. We craft beautiful products, create meaningful experiences and provide holistic design solutions that are deeply grounded in user needs.
This diverse range of expertise helps us create products, visions and strategies for a varied range of clients across industries from small startups to some of the world’s most renowned international innovative brands and companies.
Working at FLUID means that you will be part of an enthusiastic, young and dedicated group of out-of-the-box thinkers from all parts of the world. We respect each other and share a strong team spirit. We believe in working in close collaboration with each other, which enables every individual to drive change, take ownership of new ideas and initiatives and enjoy personal growth.
We work in a creative office space in a historic industrial building right in the center of Munich’s happening Gärtnerplatz area. We love the great and inspiring atmosphere here in the studio – with its regular fun team activities, monthly lunch talks, and personal and professional development opportunities.
Currently, we are looking for you, an enthusiastic and multi-faceted Director Industrial Design to join our team. You are a great team leader and problem solver with a strong talent to foster and grow trustworthy client relationships. A genuine creative who has the passion to communicate and share on-point thoughts and visions on innovation, advanced aesthetics and design both internally and externally.
- Lead our Industrial Design team and practice; create and maintain motivation and morale, addressing team performance, and growth.
- Drive our industrial design expertise and quality, services that meet business and user goals.
- Lead design activities across the teams, ensuring design quality, timeliness of project deliverables, and prioritizing work/resources while guiding and mentoring team members.
- You deeply understand the industrial design and product development market, processes and methodologies. You speak to clients and within the industry about our services, capabilities and craft proposals fluently and convincingly.
- Manage client communication as well as organize and moderate workshops and presentations in close collaboration with clients.
- You will participate in internal planning and sales strategy meetings.
- You are an experienced industrial designer with min. 7 years experience, a leader with demonstrable experience in defining and implementing industrial design and innovation projects for companies across different industries.
- You are experienced leading a creative team of 2–8 team members and are an outgoing, positive, and motivated team player.
- You are fluent in German and English, written and spoken – fluent German is mandatory for this position!
- Experienced with project work on a broad variety of fields and industries, from consumer- to business- and medical-products.
- You are a person with an analytical mindset and organizational skills, one who can seamlessly move between big picture and minute details.
- Experienced working with senior-level and C‑level clients to create significant change.
- Experienced and skilled to communicate project and communication goals with clients while being able to juggle quality, time and budget for multiple projects.
- You are a self-motivated, excellent communicator and open mind. Someone with a „here-to-help“ attitude and the ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams, and the skills to balance great results with short deadlines.
- A great position in one of the leading, independent strategic design and innovation consultancies.
- An inspiring, informal and collaborative workplace with international colleagues that know how to have fun.
- Plenty of responsibility and the chance to shape your career and FLUID’s Industrial Design team and its offerings.
- The chance to work with some of the biggest and most innovative brands in the world.
- A wide range of client sectors and project scopes.
- A hybrid work model with the possibility to also work remotely.
- A training and development contingent supporting you in your further education.
Sounds like you and the place you’d love to come to every morning? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
We are human.
FLUID encourages diversity in our workplaces as an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment no regards towards age, gender, origin, disability, orientation, identity, religion or any other unique human characteristic protected by law.